Friday, July 29, 2011

Bored. Out of my mind

Okay, so I've been at my computer today, and I've been a little bit upset. I think I've lost soooo much of my writing!!!! I'm really nervous, in fact, that I may have lost too much of one of the best stories I'm currently writing.

I've written some of my stories about my cats, and I am trying to remember others, but they're just gone.

In the age of saving everything on the computer, I'm dumbfounded that I cannot find so many of them - most of which were sent into my writing mentor/instructor for critique.

Okay, so where the heck are my stories????

Anyway, I'm bored to death being at home. I've finally gotten the summer blues, and I need to do something, get away, take a vacation...find some new scenery that isn't the four walls of our apartment.

I'm so sick of being in my house.

Also, equally sad is the fact that my son is a certified homebody. Don't let us leave the house...oh, no...he'll be asking if we're going back home in a matter of 15 minutes. Sometimes, even before we've gotten out of the parking lot properly, he'll express his desire to return home.

Ugh. Who's kid is this again? Can't be mine...I was the kid that wanted to be out in the street all day everyday, and most evenings if allowed.

Have you seen the McDonald's commercial with the little boy who's going on and on about all his activities for the day? "And after karate class, can we paint the tree house yellow? And then, can we...?" It's adorable. It also perfectly describes me. I've always been that way, too.

In fact, if the commercial wasn't so recent, I would wonder if someone from McDonald's sent Ronald to spy on my family. ;-p

Anyway, here's my short term goals.

One, I hope to stop being so bored by trying to write something, anything, and to keep busy that way. Maybe if I just start writing, it'll get me into wanting to write more, and the stories will just flow.

Two. Do more with my son, like dragging him to the park when the sun isn't so high in the sky or taking him swimming, especially since we have a membership to a local rec center.

Okay, that's it for now.

Hopefully, these two short term goals will work out and I won't be so freaking BORED everyday.

That's all I've got, y'all. Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Peace.

No comments: