Friday, December 4, 2009

It's been a long time

and I haven't written. My apologies. This semester in school has definitely taken its toll on me. I am exhausted, mentally and all. I've been fairly ill as well, fortunately, not any H1N1, but, still, a nasty cold I cannot seem to shake all the way.

I feel like the lyrics of one of my favorite Rascal Flatts songs - "I've been burdened, blamed, trapped in the past for too long..."

This entire year has been a bit of a struggle. Financially, it's been rough, but God is definitely good. This is something that has been taken care of as the year has developed.

Personally, I've lost two uncles, and watched my family from both my Father and Mother's sides of the family deal with their loss. First my Daddy's only brother, only sibling, and older brother passed in April. Then, my Mama's second oldest brother, passed away right before Thanksgiving.

Through all of the ups and downs, I can honestly say that I am so thankful to God for my family and my friends.

I know that this year hasn't been the "favorite", but I do know that I have learned and grown so much; I am a survivor, and I come from a strong heritage of survivors and THRIVERS.

I look forward to what this new year will bring. And even though I have seen set backs with my weight loss program and some other areas of my life, I have a healthy, happy son, I have a wonderful loving husband, and I am okay.

Yes, I am okay.

Peace.

No comments: