Sunday, April 1, 2012

Goodbye to Facebook

So, I've been wrestling with this for a while now, and I've decided that I want to delete my Facebook page. Or at the least deactivate it.

I'm just really finished with Facebook. And there is nothing that anyone has done to make me want to run away from the social networking that it is...in fact, I've discovered friends I've been missing for so long, in addition to some new people in my life that I hope to hold onto for the rest of my life.

However, I just don't get from Facebook what I once got. I've become less social, actually, because of it. I no longer call or text, I just look up everyone's status to see what's going on with them. Or I peruse through their pictures. I don't even bother to leave a message to let them know I stopped by their pages, I just look around and then go.

If that is what my communication skills have been reduced to, then I don't want Facebook anymore.

And I'm thoroughly okay with saying goodbye.

I just hope that all my people, my true friends out of the almost 400 I have on Facebook, will understand and keep up with me outside of that social medium.

Well, it's onward and upward. :)

Peace.

No comments: