Saturday, April 14, 2012

Why did I get married?

...right now, I really feel like being married is just an additional thing, on top of all the other things I do.

I am really tired of feeling like I've expressed my wishes, wants, desires, and my husband is too preoccupied with worry - worry about our finances, our car, our everything besides our relationship.

We've been in each other's lives for so many years; we've known each other since we were 12/13 or so (our 8th grade year of school), and started dating when we were 16/17. We broke up for about two years, but even in that time period, we were still very much a part of each other's lives - and intimate also.

What I need from my husband now, he gives me - he provides for our family, has supported me valiantly through my return to school and pending graduation (MEd in Secondary Education, emphasis in Mathematics), and he does thoughtful gestures. I am over the moon about this and I know I have an amazing guy.

What I want is MORE; for instance, one of my biggest pet peeves is when he doesn't listen to my requests. Here is a wonderful example.

I have been talking about the Japanese Cherry Blossom festival since March. It is something I want to participate in and take Sean to experience the culture, the food, the entertainment, all of that.

Today, the main festival with all the parades and shows happens in D.C. (we call it "Downtown" around here). Guess who is at home, and nobody is moving?

I accuse him of only being interested or urgent about something that involves him or that he wants to do. This proves my point exactly.

I'm so upset. I'm practically furious, actually. Next time, I'm going to see if someone else wants to go because I'm fed up with planning family activities to have him sabotage them or act like I didn't tell him about it prior to the date of the event.

I'm frustrated and upset.

Peace.

2 comments:

Educator Lee said...

It's like pastor said, "Don't expect anything from your spouse." That may be a hard pill to swallow, but my Mom says it, too. I'm praying for you and that you make the best out of each married day you have.

NSWR said...

Thanks, Lee Lee! We've talked since I wrote that...I'll have to write an update! :)