Tuesday, July 5, 2016

What About Your Friends?

I understand more and more why it is important for people to have a strong sense of family. In fact, I would almost make a case for having more than one child. My son's ninth birthday was this past week. My blessing. My sweet, wonderful, kind, loud kid. I love him so. All he wanted was a party full of friends.

I'm so glad he's such a great soul with a kind and loving spirit. The majority of his friends didn't come to his party.

My husband is fuming, stewing, brewing mad. I, on the other hand, am calm on the surface. Meanwhile, I'm contemplating my next chess move.

Why is it that adults get in their feelings and why does it always affect the kids?

I hope my husband's theory - that our friends thought we planned our son's party on purpose during their event - is false. However, their silence and lack of acknowledgment of my son's party is suspicious.

I need to bring in the big guns on this one. Time for a phone call to mom to get her opinion and advice on the situation.

Hopefully this will all turn out with a happy end.

Peace.

No comments: