Sunday, October 21, 2018

You just ran across my mind...

I was having a somewhat somber conversation with my husband the other day. We were discussing a friend of ours from high school and some of the sad and tragic things that have happened in his life.

He is an amazingly strong person and a true inspiration to me, well, to both of us. Our conversation then shifted as my husband revealed our friend had called him, and not to return a call, but to encourage HIM and to admonish him to reach for a goal they had previously discussed some time ago.

I was in even greater awe of our friend, and my husband was also because, during his grief, our sweet, loving friend reached out to encourage and move us toward a goal. Wow.

Who do YOU need to reach out to and do the very same thing? Who do you need to call, write, text, email, speak to and encourage them in the midst of whatever YOU are going through?

All of us are going through, coming out,  or going into our own storms and trials. There is something wonderful, beautiful and blessed about encouraging others as you work to encourage yourself. I'm going to reach out to some friends today, and I encourage you to do the same.

No comments: