Friday, November 30, 2018

Why can't I be free of you?

Every day, you are with me. Your smile, your laugh. Your eyes. The way you look at me. Your eyes...

I wish I knew what you are thinking right now. I want to look into your eyes again.

I often wonder what you are doing, who you are talking to, what kind of mood you are in. Did you workout? Are you eating well? How are your kids?

Are you dating someone? Do you think it will go somewhere or are you just enjoying the moment? When was the last time you went fishing?

How was your last hike? When is your next one? Who are you hiking with? Are you still writing? I hope you are.

Do you think of me as often as I think of you? Are you sad like I am? Do you miss me at all? Do you love me at all? Did you ever?

Will you always be my ghost that I carry in my mind and my heart until I am gone?

Will I always think of you this way? How do you think of me? Do you think of me?

Do you dream of me like I dream of you? Does your heart ache like mine?

I will always love you. Nothing can change that. Nothing.

I miss you so much.

No comments: