Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Blessings and Honor...

I'm so thankful and so grateful. I guess I need to start with the reason, so I'll keep it short and sweet this time. No elaborate stories or any of the inner analysis that I usually try to bring to my blog each post. Just straight up gratefulness.

So, why am I thanking God and doing backflips in my apartment? (okay, the backflips are truly an exaggeration...cartwheels, yes, backflips, not so much...)

Well, I got my GRE scores today in the mail. And...well...I DID IT!!!! I am in the top 32 percentile in verbal and top 40 percentile in math, excuse me, quantitative reasoning. I also got a score of 5.5 of 6 on the writing section (but maybe that's not such a surprize, huh?).

Okay, why is this such good news? Well, because I studied, maybe a total of 36 hours right before the test, literally. I registered to take the test on Friday, March 6th. I took the test on Monday, March 9th. I haven't taken a test like this since 2000, so that means I was WAY out of the test-taking collegiate zone. Can you imagine? And my score is good enough for the Master's program at George Washington University.

Thank you, Lord!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

Okay, just wanted to put something happy out there for y'all! Thanks for reading...and I'll be celebrating more than likely for the rest of the week!!!!

I'm so thankful and grateful to God for this blessing. It is something that reaffirms my faith. And, also, it is truly that lil bit of fresh air and the breeze I need to keep on sailing through this tumultuous sea. I am able to do so much...and I'm so glad to have the opportunity to prove it.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Congratulations, Nakeisha!!!!! You are so awesome!!!