Thursday, September 10, 2009

Singing

is something that I really love to do. I could probably sing all day and then some, and still want to sing some more. I've always been like that, apparently. My mom tells me that when I was younger, I would wake up singing, just like some stereotypical Disney princess, I would be all "la la la" in the morning, happy for the day and life itself.

I wonder what happened to that lil girl, and I sometimes think about her and laugh. I was so full of joy and love of life and people and things around me - trees, animals, etc.

I still feel that way, but, it's different.

Anyway, what's funny about my memories is that I wanted to be a singer and a mathematician when I grew up back then. I had it all figured out in my lil head, my four year old brain working it all out. My inspiration was a woman I saw on a TV program, or one my mother read to me about.

She was Black, like me, and she was pretty. She was a mathematician who was also a musician. I was immediately smitten with the idea of doing both those things. Combining music and math, two of my loves.

I wanted to be a mathematician and a singer.

I'm studying now to become a Math Teacher. Now, if I can only get this singing thing right.

I hope to return to the P&W team at Zion, and my Wednesdays are free, actually, so I can go. The issue, unfortunately, is beyond just the location and such.

I've got to be sure, be totally sure, that I am where I should be. I have this sinking feeling that maybe I'm not wanted...and it could just be my insecurities, but...

I just need to be sure.

I will not waste my gift. I will use it. I WILL sing.

For all the world to hear. I hope my voice brings a smile or at least inspires. May it always be something pleasant to hear, and not something that takes away from the meaning behind any words that I may sing.

I guess that's all for now. See you soon.

Peace.

No comments: