Saturday, December 20, 2008

Oh, dag nabbit!

I am soooooo freakin' tired. I've been cleaning and packing in anticipation of our ten day stay at home with our families for Christmas.

For the past two years, I've been looking forward to spending time with both my husband's family, and my own, but I find myself utterly and helplessly conflicted. I want to spend as much time as I can with my family as is possible and reasonable - my cousin is preparing for the birth of his first child, and I just went down that road over a year ago, so I want to help him and his sweet wife as much as I can; my youngest brother is thirteen and into everything a teenager can possibly do - sports, band, video games...wow; my other brother is preparing for law school, thinking about getting really serious with his girlfriend, and life in general; my parents are just being my parents, and the list goes on. Not to mention my friends who are just as eager to see me as I am to see them...

And, I feel that I cater a bit to my husband, considering that he's the youngest in his family and he lives the furthest away (like I don't), and all that...

but right now, I just want to curl up underneath the comforter and soft cottony sheets at my parents' house, when I know I'll be spending the entire vacation at his parents' house. It's just not fair, and I want to throw a tantrum like I'm five years old. What makes it worse is that our parents' homes are about thirty minutes away from each other...

I'll get over it though, just in time to put on my smiley face for the family....

Ahhh....

Well, I guess I'll take this time to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

See you again soon, same time, same place. :)

No comments: