Sunday, December 7, 2008

Writing...

And writing, and writing...I love to write. In fact, I can't get everything in my head down fast enough. My fingers don't move quickly enough, either by typing or writing with a pen on paper.

My goal, my hope, my prayer is that people all around the world will read what I write and it will provoke them to either thinking and conversations with others that are meaningful and give them an opportunity for growth, or that they are positively impacted in some way and what I have written changes their lives for the better.. That's really what I hope I can accomplish by all this writing.

I do want to entertain, inform, and inspire, but mostly, I hope that people can get a sense of understand and acceptance from what I write, for instance, like one of my characters might speak to someone, and that person might say, "hey, that's me she's talking about", or "hey, I know someone just like this..."

I truly hope that the words I write and the thoughts I give birth to do good to people all over, across the world, and that I get an opportunity to interact with people who have read what I've written and get feedback from them about what I have written.

I hope to elevate the collective consciousness, not necessarily in an activist sort of way, but in a way that causes people to reach out to others in their communities, to become more neighborly, to spark intelligent conversations amongst people of different backgrounds and cultures.

I hope to do this each and everyday. That's why I love to write. That's why I want to write. That's why, hopefully, in the very near future, people will hear me, through my works. And, although I want to be sold in several languages and published all over, it's not about that. It's about making somebody's life better by something I've written.

I really want that to happen. I really want to accomplish something like that for the greater good of all mankind.

So, here I go. Off to perfect my craft and hone my skills. I hope to see you reading my materials one day, proud to know that you knew me when I just had a lil ole blog and a few short stories I was working on.

Thank you so much for reading. You don't know how much it means to me.

No comments: