Saturday, November 15, 2008

From the Archives - "I wanna be with...YOU"

Amazing - from 2006, I found this. Enjoy.  Wow, what a difference two years can make...whew!


Mariah Carey has a song...Track 13 on The Emancipation of Mimi...and I can't help but think of you everytime I hear it...because that is how I thought of you...and always had...until this year...

Here's the chorus...

And our love goes 'round and 'round,
Way up high,
A joyride,
We can touch the stars above,
We found love...
And our love was Heaven Sent,
From the day,
We first met,
We've got something they can't touch,
We found love....

So...I've been thinking about where I am...and where I am going...and who I love...and who I want to be in my life, and part of my life...and there is you.  What has happened?  Why do I feel the way I want to feel for you when I think of....someone, somewhere else?

When I go out, or when I meet someone who catches my attention somehow...something about that person or place reminds me of a place we once knew, or once visited, or once had together.  I've gone and been other places...and still think of you.  People remind me of the things that used to be - and I long for the days of old when you would walk into a room, and nothing in that room held any interest for me, but you.  Only you.

I miss feeling my heart skip a beat, or the butterflies, or you taking my breath away...and I believe that it should always be that way....

When someone else touches me the way that I wish you would, sometimes, I think of what happened to pull us apart.  Trust broken.  Hearts torn...lives forever changed in the process.  Lots of growing up.  

My rose-colored glasses will be gone forever.

And even though I will ALWAYS believe the glass is half full, I can understand and empathize with the person who sees it half empty, or a wholly full glass with air and liquid...

I like the feelings that I feel when I'm with other people...and the person I am...more like the real me...and that bothers me only in that our lives are about to change in a major way...and I shouldn't feel this way when we are entering a brand new chapter in our lives...

But what else can I do?  Except walk away...and you won't let that happen.
I love you...I miss being in love...

So, I pose a question to YOU...where do we go from here?

Do you even know who YOU are?  Will YOU ever know that I'm talking about YOU?  YOU may not even read this...

I just wanna be with....YOU.

No comments: