Tuesday, August 25, 2009

According to Dray...

I am a yellow personality. Dray has comprised his own color coding of personalities, which he created after discussing the book The Color Code by psychologist Dr. Taylor Hartman with me. I read the book and was totally fascinated by it because of the seemingly honest truths it contains. Dr. Hartman classifies every human being on this planet as one of four possible color personalities, which are based on the elements - Red, Blue, Yellow and White, based on Earth, Wind (air), Fire, and Water (not necessarily in that order).

Anyway, according to the analysis in this book, I am a blue personality, known to be extremely altruistic, and empathetic, perfectionist types that can be a bit exacting if negative attributes or "weaknesses" as he describes in the book, are emphasized or developed.

At any rate, this hit me spot on, but I do also have a lil bit of red (I'm bossy) and yellow (I looove to have fun) in me as well.

So...Dray has developed his own color coding system of personalities. I don't know how many colors he has within his classification, mostly because I didn't ask, (possibly "yawning" hour for me...) but he asks ten questions to help him develop your profile.

Apparently today, after answering his questions, he determined that I am a yellow personality.

I need to tell you that Dray majored in Psychology in college at Maryland, so, he has a working background of what he speaks, even if his current job is working with developmentally challenged youth and young adults.

So, according to Doctor Dray (lol), I am like the sun, radioactive, if you will, hence the color yellow. I am either way up high or way down low. I have intense emotions and these emotions are in greater intensity than reciprocal emotions from others, in either a positive or negative light.

For example, as Dray said today, if he was to give me a car, I would give him a house. (Positive) Or, if he was to shoot a bullet at me, I would come back with the atomic bomb! (Negative)

How crazy is that?! And I'm speaking literally of the last example. I don't think I go that hard. But, actually, there is probably quite a bit of truth to it. (They didn't call me the mad rapper for nothing!)

But, honestly, he has quite a point, and I proved it today, going from an amazing day to one of upset and then back up to a moderate level.

So, what do you think of my husband's "armchair psychology"?

No comments: