Wednesday, August 19, 2009

So...

Today, Dray and I got into an argument. I bet it's probably an argument all newlyweds get into, and if both of you are strong willed, then, well, it might be an ongoing on, until somebody relents and gives in or both of you grow up and whatnot...

So, I believe my husband, the love of my life, doesn't really get the fact that he's married yet. I realize that before we were married, so much of our lives were already intertwined - Sean, bills, cars, etc. Buuuuuutttt, we weren't married. I was still me and he was still him. If he wanted to do something with his money, he didn't really have to consult me or even have my agreement. He could do whatever he wanted. And, well, vice versa.

But now....ooooh, now, it's a totally different story. Here's the argument. So, Dray accepted a job that would put him deep in Mo County very early in the morning. (As background, Dray is an independent contractor, so, he's self employed, working with youth and young adults that have disabilities). Why this is a problem right now is we only have one car, I have to be at work also very early in the morning, not as deep into Mo County, and Sean must be at school as well.

Originally, Sean would have to be at school super early, like, as soon as his teacher opened her door. Then, Dray said he would handle that responsibility since I have to be on the way to work before she opens, meaning he's dropping me off at work and dropping Sean on his way home.

But now, unfortunately, since he's taken this job, he will either be 1. Dropping Sean off at the ungodly hour before his teacher opens her doors and we'll be paying extra for it (or finding a new daycare) or 2. Dropping me off first, driving back to Laurel to drop Sean off at school and then getting back into traffic to drive all the way into Mo County.

So, of course, I gave it to him this afternoon, not on purpose, but definitely out of frustration because it seems that he doesn't ever think about what he decides to do in the context of how it effects the rest of us.

I reminded him, yet again, of how he has to think about how what he says in the moment impacts Sean and I. Like, he is the only one who gets to have a say in what happens in our household.

I am his wife now, no longer just his girl, "wifey", woman, or whatever he called me before. Now I have an "official" title, if you will, and it's super important to me that he understands our PARTNERSHIP.

That's all I've got for now. Until next time.

Oh, wait, we resolved the issue. :) All is well again at the Roland abode.

No comments: