Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dum Dum Dum...

dum dum...dum di doo di dum...dum...dum...

Okay, I was humming a song...the song from the answering machine on my best friend's parents' phone, actually. It's been the same one for years, and I hope they never change it. The entire family sings on it, and it's one of the best I've ever heard. "We're so glad that you...called us on the phone, we'll be sure to...call when we get home, so just leave a....message aaaat the tone! HAVE A BLESSED DAAAAY! *Oooh weee oooh oooh hooooo!*

Lol! anyway, let me get to the meat of today.

So, I was just being my usually inwardly thoughtful self, and I've been examining some of my motives for doing things. For instance, I sent off an e-mail today that I was super nervous to send, and hoping that the spirit of the message rang true to the individual to whom it was sent.

Not because this person is of some great importance to many, but because I truly care about the person and I sense something is going on in his/her life and I want to help, in whatever manner I am supposed to help.

The fact that this person contacted me back almost immediately after I contacted him/her is, at best, astonishing because of his/her schedule. But, that let me know, also, that what I said and did next was of great importance. How in the world would that have happened? How would this person, known for always being busy and on the road, traveling the nation have gotten back to me in a matter of hours after I sent a message? Only God could have done that. So, I've got to make sure that I am doing the right thing, not something that would make me "close" to this person as a friend, or even that I could go around saying, Oh, well, "you know who" and I are "this and that".

Honestly, I don't care about that. I know that some people do, but that's not something that really interests me a lot. I'm so much more concerned about people, their insides and feelings, their thoughts and beliefs. Who cares if you're famous, well known, or popular. That's worldly, right? Not Godly, which, honestly, is what I want to be more like everyday.

Not saying that I'm perfect, because I think everybody who knows me knows I'm not perfect. (In spite of Dray's constant teasing that I'm "practically perfect in every way" like Mary Poppins). I just want to be a better me each and everyday.

I will continue on my quest to improve me, and also keep praying that I make the best and wisest decisions.

Love, love, love! And hug somebody today. It's proven that physical touch is actually beneficial to us all. More reason to argue that no one should be alone...but that's for another post, yes?

Peace.

No comments: