Friday, August 21, 2009

Going Green

I've been really interested, almost obsessed, I would say, about "going green". I looove the idea of generating and using my own energy, as opposed to paying a ridiculously high light bill each month. This is something I believe that in time I will become passionate about. In fact, Dray is currently calling me Leonardo DiCaprio because I'm always talking about "going off the grid".

Right now, I've got to work on using those lil grocery bags from the store, and I'm trying to convince Dray that a filter is soooo much better and that tap water really isn't from the devil, so we can stop buying so much bottled water, thereby saving some money.

Because with him, it's always the bottom line. Aaaand, right now, I'm trying to find some natural cleaning products, as well as natural hair care products, because I'm seriously going natural with my hair.

No, I'm not locking it or braiding it or twisting it...I really like my hair straighter. I'm not a lil kid, so some of the hairstyles out there that are adorable on kids and teens will NOT work for me.

And, before anyone thinks I'm insulting my peeps with locs, let me tell you - if I thought I would have the patience to commit to such a versatile way of taking care of hair, trust me, I would find out about how to make it look good on me. But, alas, I don't want to put that sort of committment into my hair. Maintaining and having locs is serious work, as far as being patient, letting your hair grow out, locking it, etc. Yeah, I'm really not gonna wait that long for results.

And I'm so serious about that.

So...anyway, what I'm interested in knowing is...how do you feel about "going green"? Is it something that is important to you? Do you think what you're doing now is having a positive or negative impact on the planet?

Just wanted to put it out there.

God bless. Peace.

No comments: